Complaints or concerns under this policy may be reported to Principal Catherine Linhardt, email@example.com 303-774-9555, 4040 Coriolis Way, Frederick, CO 80504.
3 Simple Ways to Start the Enrollment Process
Stop by the school (directions) for an enrollment application between 8:30 AM and 3:30 PM, Monday – Friday.
Download this form –> K-8 EnrollmentPacket, then:
- Print & fill out.
- E-Mail to Vanessa Arevalo at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Drop off at 4040 Coriolis Way Frederick, CO 80504.
Contact Vanessa Arevalo at email@example.com.
There is a $50 non-refundable registration fee due with each application for new families with 1st through 8th grade applications. Once the application is received, a confirmation letter will be mailed to you. In addition to the application, a parent must attend an enrollment meeting prior to enrolling. Please contact Roxanna at (303) 774-9555 to schedule a meeting.
Enrollment is first come, first serve, however:
- Students currently enrolled at Carbon Valley Academy along with siblings of children already enrolled will have priority for the next year’s enrollment.
- For students entering kindergarten, priority will be given to those currently enrolled in CVA preschool as long as their application is received by January 6, 2019.
Enrollment is governed by the following rules:
- Prior to being offered a position, a parent must attend an orientation meeting, complete a registration form and agree to abide by CVA’s policies.
- All students will be placed on an ‘order drawn’ list that will become the wait list for openings through the year.
- CVA will abide by Colorado Statutes regarding open enrollment.
Early Kindergarten Enrollment Policy
- According to Colorado state law for public schools (HB 02-1349), students must be five years old by October 1st for kindergarten in order for the school to receive funding for that student for kindergarten AND the following year of first grade.
- Children who are five years old by October 1st will be given priority over those who are not of age, and if there is no waiting list for kindergarten, Carbon Valley Academy’s Board of Directors may let children whose birthdays are after October 1st (“late birthday child(ren)”) enroll in kindergarten if the procedures below are followed.
- Late birthday children must first be assessed by the St. Vrain Valley School District’s gifted and talented department in order to determine if they are intellectually and socially prepared for early entry. Please visit the St. Vrain Valley School District website for more information. If your child does not qualify through the district’s testing, you may still request that Carbon Valley Academy test your child. http://www.svvsd.org/about/departments/gifted-talented
Below are the procedures to proceed:
Contact Catherine Linhardt, CVA’s Principal, to arrange a date for testing.
- A $300 assessment fee must be paid by May 1st by the child’s parent(s). If the fee is not paid, the appeal will automatically be denied.
- A final decision for early enrollment is entirely up to the discretion of Carbon Valley Academy’s Board of Directors.
- C.R.S. 22-1-115 School census-school age
- C.R.S. 22-32-119 Kindergarten
- C.R.S. 22-54-103 (10)(a)(IV) Definitions – repeal
To enroll in the CVA Preschool, please view their tab.